Last Wednesday, Noah and I were shopping in Babies R Us and of course he did #2 in the car seat in the store. So I headed to the mommy's room to change him. While I was finishing up I noticed streaks of blood in his diaper. This freaked me out so I called Keith. Then I called the peditrician. They wanted to see him that afternoon. They wanted that diaper and any that he had until the appointment. We got there and Dr. Haynes tested his poop and sure enough he had blood in both stools. Turns out he has a milk protein allergy. SO she gave us some Similac samples and told us to try it and see if it helped. Of course it helped a lot. So we have to go with 1 of 2 things: continue breastfeeding but I completely cut all dairy/calcium out of my diet OR put him on the special formula. We decided to do both - kind of. I am still pumping but we are just freezing the milk and he is on formula only now. Things are much better all around with him - going #2, fussyness, goes to sleep easier. So this, we think, is the best option right now. Hopefully later on he will be able to drink all of this milk that I have stored up for him. The doctor thinks that he will grow out of it by 4 or 6 months old.
If anyone has Similac or Enfamil $5 off coupons that they are not going to use - please let me know and I will come and get them from you!
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment